Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Meissner, Erik" <Er...@PROSTEP.com> on 2006/01/12 10:09:58 UTC

no more dtm ids

Hello,

We are in trouble while using xalan-j 2.7.0 (xsltc) with large document
structures and a complex xslt file. We always get the error message "no
more dtm ids are available".
We are now trying to optimize our xslt stylesheet, but we need to know
what exactly an "dtm id" is and which xslt operations dtm ids consume.
Especially we are interested in
- <xsl:key> and key()
- <xsl:variable name="xxx" select="a/b/*"/> and <xsl:apply-templates
select="$xxx[@y='value']"/>
- tokenize('a b c', ' ')
- <xsl:template mode="x" match="*"> and <xsl:template mode="x"
match="x">
 (both construct called with <xsl:apply-template match="x" mode="x"/>
What else can we do to avoid this error? We are using xsltc because the
execution time of the interpretative xalan-j is much to long.

Thanks in advance,
Erik