Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/02/01 09:03:44 UTC

Incubator Report for Feb 6th.

Hi folks,
 We need to send out Ambari Incubator Report. Here's what I have.
Please feel free to add.

Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

  - Incubating since 30 August 2011.
  -  Release 1.2.0 done (need to push it out - should be done before
the weekend).
  - Preparing for 1.2.1 release expected to be in the next week or so.
  -  new committers have been added
    Jaimin Jetley, John Speidel, Tom Beerbower, Srimanth
  - We are hoping to do some meetups to get more user/dev engagement.
This expected to happen in the next month or so.

Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:

  - Making a release
  - Attracting users and developers
  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks
================

thanks
mahadev

Re: Incubator Report for Feb 6th.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 with same caveats from ddas@.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Incubator Report for Feb 6th.

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Updated the wiki with the report:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2013

mahadev

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Javier,
 Please see the dev/user list for the 1.2.0 announcement.

 From the archives:

Posted by Javier Sianes <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.