Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "fujii.ruka.ma@mitsubishichem-sys.co.jp" <fu...@mitsubishichem-sys.co.jp> on 2020/12/15 03:02:43 UTC

An Error related Apache tika

Hi, All

I get this error when I try to get the contents of a Microsoft Office document (.xls) using Apache Tika.

Error 500 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ‘org.apache.poi.hssf.record.common.ExtRst org.apache.poi.hssf.record.common.UnicodeString.getExtendedRst()’

Apache tika can extract many documents (.xlsx, .docx, .pptx, .pdf, etc.), but this error mainly occurs when extracting .xls documents.
We searched for a solution to this error but couldn't find it.
The versions of the tools using are:
Solr 8.6.3
openjdk 11.0.9.1
poi-4.1.1.jar
poi-ooxml-4.1.1.jar

Could you please tell me why this error occurred?

Thanks.
Ruka Fujii