Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Simon Raess <co...@gmx.ch> on 2007/05/18 15:11:03 UTC

beep4j

Hi

I'd like to announce the first official release of beep4j, a Java
BEEP (RFC3080 + RFC3081) library built on top of MINA (http://
mina.apache.org/). You can check it out at http://
beep4j.sourceforge.net/.

This library is not (yet) production ready. It hasn't been used in
production. If you are interested in helping out, please write an e-
mail to the mailing list (beep4j-user at lists.sourceforge.net).
There are several points that need to be improved and any help and
feedback is welcome. I've started developing this library because
there was no usable open-source Java BEEP implementation available as
network transport for ACE - a collaborative editor. One of my next
tasks is the integration of beep4j into ACE.

Simon

Re: beep4j

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

On 5/18/07, Simon Raess <co...@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to announce the first official release of beep4j, a Java
> BEEP (RFC3080 + RFC3081) library built on top of MINA (http://
> mina.apache.org/). You can check it out at http://
> beep4j.sourceforge.net/.
>
> This library is not (yet) production ready. It hasn't been used in
> production. If you are interested in helping out, please write an e-
> mail to the mailing list (beep4j-user at lists.sourceforge.net).
> There are several points that need to be improved and any help and
> feedback is welcome. I've started developing this library because
> there was no usable open-source Java BEEP implementation available as
> network transport for ACE - a collaborative editor. One of my next
> tasks is the integration of beep4j into ACE.

I always have imagined implementing BEEP on top of MINA, and you did it! :)
Let me look into the code and give feed back.  Also, please don't
hesitate to give us feed back, either!

BTW, ACE also looks very interesting.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [BEEPbuilders] beep4j

Posted by Francis Brosnan Blazquez <fr...@aspl.es>.
El vie, 18-05-2007 a las 15:11 +0200, Simon Raess escribió:
> Hi

Hi Simon!

> I'd like to announce the first official release of beep4j, a Java
> BEEP (RFC3080 + RFC3081) library built on top of MINA (http://
> mina.apache.org/). You can check it out at http://
> beep4j.sourceforge.net/.

Nice! I've added your project at the beepcore.org site [1].

> This library is not (yet) production ready. It hasn't been used in
> production. If you are interested in helping out, please write an e-
> mail to the mailing list (beep4j-user at lists.sourceforge.net).
> There are several points that need to be improved and any help and
> feedback is welcome. I've started developing this library because
> there was no usable open-source Java BEEP implementation available as
> network transport for ACE - a collaborative editor. One of my next
> tasks is the integration of beep4j into ACE.

I whish you the best success with this new BEEP implementation. Looking
forward next beep4j releases..

Cheers!

[1] http://www.beepcore.org/beep4j.html

--
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <fr...@aspl.es>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.

RE: i want to you

Posted by 温 少 <sz...@hotmail.com>.
sorry, i make mistake ....

与世界各地的朋友进行交流,免费下载  Live Messenger;
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

i want to you

Posted by 温 少 <sz...@hotmail.com>.
i hear your project, in mina's mail-list.

i have 6 years experience on java, and 2 years experience on mina.

my sf.net account is 'szujobs'

my blog is http://www.cnblogs.com/jobs (chinese)

i want to learn BEEP, can i join the project?

szuJobs@hotmail.com