Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ca...@comcast.net on 2005/11/04 21:12:17 UTC

[users@httpd] http.con configuration settings

Hi all,
Within httpd.con file I have seen these duplicate directives (#1 and #2):
1.
<IfModule !mpm_winnt.c>
<IfModule !mpm_netware.c>
LockFile logs/accept.lock
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

2.
<IfModule !mpm_winnt.c>
<IfModule !mpm_netware.c>
User nobody
Group #-1
Group nobody
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

It is ok to combine them into a single one? Or there is a particular reason behind these configuration settings.

Thank you,

--
Maria Cabral
"We are prone to judge success by

Re: [users@httpd] http.con configuration settings

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] http.con configuration settings

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Combine them if you like, they aren't 'duplicates' - but they were organized
that way to keep the flow of settings (from low-level machine to higher level
content and hosts).  Organize your own httpd.conf however it makes the most
sense to you :)