Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Tom Coleman <to...@soaringclub.org> on 2016/02/04 19:20:56 UTC

Editing "disabled" TableView column data

Here's one condition that I could use some guidance on.

I've basically figured out how to display data ini a TableView as "disabled".  This basically involves examining the data in context and rendering an appropriate style.  So far so good.

But once identified as "disabled", how should I go about disallowing editing of the column?

That ends my question.  Editorial comments follow:

I've been wading through the project and so far have been quite impressed.

Between the web docs, the API docs, tutorials, examples, demos, tests and source code, there is not much that someone with time and patience can't figure out.

Two observations are that many of the examples tend to be very simple and that Google is not much help.

Thanks!

Tom

Re: Editing "disabled" TableView column data

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
welcome to Pivot and sorry for the delay.

What do you mean by disabled data ?
A row that's not editable ?
I remember a prototype made by a user (but never proposed for a real
inclusion in Pivot) to select or render cells in a different way ... do you
need something like this ?

Anyway we have some example of table row editing, I can give you more
details.

Note that in our sources in svn (both branch 2.0.x and trunk) there is an
example subproject with some not so trivial  samples.

On documentation I know that could be improved,  and any help is welcome
:-) ...
Note that all our mailing lists are public so you can find many info in
some indexing services like Nabble.

Bye,
Sandro