Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 16:56:15 UTC

Re: using oracle persistence manager with jndi

Sorry for late reply. We ended up using a customized
JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager instead for oracle support in
jackrabbit 1.4. The only problem is that it has come a new property in
oracle.ddl for tablespace support. The oracle persistence manager has
support for this, but not the  JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. So, the
same support for tablespaces in oracle persistence manager needs to be
added to JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager
(DatabasePersistenceManager.java) as well.

>From org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager.checkSchema:
..
                    // set the tablespace if it is defined
                        String tspace;
                        if (tableSpace == null || "".equals(tableSpace)) {
                            tspace = "";
                        } else {
                            tspace = "tablespace " + tableSpace;
                        }
                        sql = Text.replace(sql, TABLE_SPACE_VARIABLE,
tspace).trim();
..

I wonder if this could be added to the next jackrabbit 1.4.2 release?
JCR-1309 is no hurry really as long as it is possible to use
jackrabbit + jndi + oracle with JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. The
changes that needs to be made to DatabasePersistenceManager.java is
rather small.

Kind regards,
Rohnny

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry I can't help you with JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. It does
not include the Oracle specific code. To use the Oracle specific code,
I suggest to use the OraclePersistenceManager. As far as I understood,
you tried that already but it didn't work for you.

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to say that JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager also needs a
property tableSpace so that it could be set via repository.xml. :)