Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bip Thelin <bi...@apache.org> on 2001/05/18 18:27:53 UTC

Re: java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/http/HttpSession viol ates loader constraints

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Bruno Crapart wrote:

> I have downloaded from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-servletapi-4/nightly/
> jakarta-servletapi-4-20010517.zip and added classes in the appropriate
> folder.
>
> Thanks a lot Bip... But now i have an other error that i have never seen
> before :
> Remenber that i am under W2000 TC4B4, JDK last release.
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/http/HttpSession violates loader
> constraints
> [...]

This is what the JavaDoc says about java.lang.LinkageError
<snip>
Subclasses of LinkageError indicate that a class has some dependency on another
class; however, the latter class has incompatibly changed after the compilation
of the former class.
</snip>

So I guess you compiled your TC4 against the 2.2 Servlet API and _then_
changed to the Servlet 2.3 API, try and recompile TC4 and make sure you
don't have the old Servlet API in your classpath.

        ..bip