Posted to users@camel.apache.org by deepak_a <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/29 13:27:17 UTC

What is the significance of Load01, Load05 and Load15 in JMX

All,

Can some one help me clarify what is the significance of Load01, Load05 and
Load15 that is exposed via JMX MBeanServer in Camel?

My intention is to visually indicate the  transfer progress for a large
file. i.e. with a scrolling indicator that indicates the % of file transfer
as the file  gets transferred in a Route (via SFTP it JMS etc)

So checking to see if this Load01, Load05 and Load15 will help with that.

regards

Re: What is the significance of Load01, Load05 and Load15 in JMX

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its similar to linux load average with 1, 5 and 15 mins
http://www.howtogeek.com/194642/understanding-the-load-average-on-linux-and-other-unix-like-systems/

There is likely other pages on the web to explain that better.

Its not CPU based, but on number of messages processing.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM, deepak_a <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Can some one help me clarify what is the significance of Load01, Load05 and
> Load15 that is exposed via JMX MBeanServer in Camel?
>
> My intention is to visually indicate the  transfer progress for a large
> file. i.e. with a scrolling indicator that indicates the % of file transfer
> as the file  gets transferred in a Route (via SFTP it JMS etc)
>
> So checking to see if this Load01, Load05 and Load15 will help with that.
>
> regards

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2nd edition: