Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 20:58:25 UTC

Mahout and Hadoop 2

Hi,

Is there anyway to make mahout 0.7 or 0.8 work with Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha?

Seems Mahout builds against Hadoop 1.X by default in the pom.xml and it
also requires hadoop-core.jar, which only exists in Hadoop 1.x if I
remember correctly.

Thanks,

Jian

Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2

Posted by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I commented out hadoop-core, but it threw errors such as

'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-core:jar is
missing

Do you know where I can find the profile?

Thanks,

Jian

Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2

Posted by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com>.
I used the following command and seems it worked.

mvn -Phadoop-0.23 clean install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.version=2.0.2-alpha
-Dmahout.skip.distribution=false

Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2

Posted by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2