Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Inder Dhillon <dh...@cs.dal.ca> on 2007/04/24 08:42:20 UTC

Axis2-- Problem calling service inside another service through a handler.

Hello

I am new user of Axis2, so please bear with me and please help me even if I
am having stupid errors.

I am having problem calling a webservice from within another service when
called in a handler. What I have done is that I have created one handler
called CallHandler and in this handler I tried to invoke a service, so that
I can invoke this service whenever I invoke any other service and I have
included this handler in a user phase in axis.xml config file.

Now I have compiled the handler file and all related client files (of
service which I want to invoke within the handler) and put altogether into a
jar file called CallHandler.jar and then placed this jar file in
CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis2-/WEB-INF/lib folder

But whenever I call any other service, I am getting errors and it goes into
infinite loop.

But the other case is that when I try to invoke this service within another
service directly ( without handler) then I am able to do that successfully.
So I think the reason why its not running within the handler is that it
might not be able to locate the client files of that service ( am not sure
about this).

I have attached all the relevant files. The files description is like this.

NewService is the service which I want to invoke from within another
service.

CallHandler is the handler to do this.( Not able to invoke NewService from
CallHandler)

Modified Service is the service which I used to invoke the NewService
directly ( and I can successfully invoke NewService within Modified service)

I'll really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks

Inder Dhillon

RE: Axis2-- Problem calling service inside another service througha handler.

Posted by Inder Dhillon <dh...@cs.dal.ca>.
Hello

I have sent another mail regarding the errors.
I'll really appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem as I really
need it to be done.

Inder

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 03:42 -0300, Inder Dhillon wrote:
> ow I have compiled the handler file and all related client files (of
> service which I want to invoke within the handler) and put altogether
> into a jar file called CallHandler.jar and then placed this jar file
> in CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis2-/WEB-INF/lib folder

Modules go to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/modules/
See http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/axis2config.html and
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/userguide-samples.html (in the samples
dir there's an example showing how to use custom handlers)

> But whenever I call any other service, I am getting errors and it goes
> into infinite loop.

Which errors?

Michele

Re: Axis2-- Problem calling service inside another service through a handler.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 03:42 -0300, Inder Dhillon wrote:
> ow I have compiled the handler file and all related client files (of
> service which I want to invoke within the handler) and put altogether
> into a jar file called CallHandler.jar and then placed this jar file
> in CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/axis2-/WEB-INF/lib folder

Modules go to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/modules/
See http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/axis2config.html and
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/userguide-samples.html (in the samples
dir there's an example showing how to use custom handlers)

> But whenever I call any other service, I am getting errors and it goes
> into infinite loop.

Which errors?

Michele