Posted to users@rocketmq.apache.org by jinrongtong5 <ji...@163.com> on 2020/07/02 02:06:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] RIP-14 RocketMQ Community Operation Conventions

Hi RocketMQ Community,

Currently, Apache RocketMQ is becoming more and more active, and developers from all over the world are involved in the construction of Apache RocketMQ, but at the same time, we also found some problems:

Chaotic commit messages
Confusing name of issues and pull requests
Irregular merging behavior
Confusing labels on issues and pull requests

These problems hindered the healthy development of RocketMQ Community.

So I think it is a good choice to start a new RIP to standardize contributor and committer behavior.

I submitted RIP-14 RocketMQ Community Operation Conventions, which describes the specific conventions in more detail.  I hope to hear more voices from the community. So please tell me your thoughts by replying to this email or commenting on google docs.

Best Regards!
Rongtong Jin

RIP-14 RocketMQ Community Operation Conventions
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fo_Z4_nUOyykkmQOE2kEmxcLwhhFiQENQwQiy852XUM/edit#heading=h.nwczedg8v2na

Re: [DISCUSS] RIP-14 RocketMQ Community Operation Conventions

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks jin. I don't have problem with the proposal. Convention upgrade is very pressing and important, we could use it to guide RocketMQ 5.0 architectural upgrades.

But I would like to hear something different from our users, contributors, committers, pmc members and release managers. After all, this proposal involves how do we work together :-)

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,