Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/08/29 12:12:19 UTC

Blocking SPAM and daedalus.

Hi:

I am fighting with the SPAM all the time. But today I noted that the
sendmail report has the following line:

ruleset=check_relay, arg1=daedalus.apache.org, arg2=208.185.179.12,
relay=daedalus.apache.org [208.185.179.12], reject=550 5.7.1 Spam from
208.185.179.12 blocked - see http://relays.osirusoft.com/: 269 Time(s)

It seems like our server daedalus.apache.org is being blocked by the
black-hole list http://relays.osirusoft.com/.

Please advise to admins to resolve this issue since I think we are not
spaming no where.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Blocking SPAM and daedalus.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> FYI:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/27/0214238&mode=thread&tid=111&tid=126
>
> Vadim

Thank you for the link :)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Andrew Savory dijo:

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> It seems like our server daedalus.apache.org is being blocked by the
> black-hole list http://relays.osirusoft.com/.

The osirusoft black-hole list has been shut down due to a denial of
service attack. I suggest you remove it from your mailserver configs.

Andrew.

Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk