Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by steve gold <se...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/01 03:02:55 UTC

problem starting tomcat3.2.2 for the first time

Hello,

I'm trying to get started using Tomcat3.2.2 and I am
getting the following exception when I run the
startup.bat file:

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tomcat/util/xml/PopStack
        at
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:178)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

I'm using j2se v1.3 and running on (unfortunatly)
WinME.

Has anybody seen this before?  Any insight would be
greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,
--steve