Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Puneet Vardhan <pu...@sengen.com> on 2001/03/14 16:56:16 UTC

action class perform method

Hi,
  Method 'perform'  in action class needs ActionForm as one of the
parameters. I dont have a form and I dont need one as I just need to call
perform method
 from a url .
	like <a href="someaction.do" ...
Can I use perform method and ActionMapping inside perfom without having
ActionForm class?

 Thanks
Puneet

Re: action class perform method

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
Yes. Just don't put the form-related entries in your struts-config.xml file.
Your perform() method will be called with null passed for the form
parameter.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Anand Raman <an...@mymailbag.com>.
hi guys
Definitly u can use the perform method without the ActionForm parameter.
A null will be passed as the ActionForm parameter if the Action configuration directive in the
struts-config.xml file doesnt contain a "name" attribute

Hope this helps
Anand