Posted to users@maven.apache.org by J-F Daune <da...@daune-consult.com> on 2006/04/19 15:51:13 UTC

[m2] XDoclet does not work

Hi,

I am starting with M2, and am trying to use XDoclet to generate EJB stuff.

I followed instructions found on this mailing list, and declare this:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
           <generateClient>true</generateClient>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>xdoclet</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <ejbdoclet

destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"
                  excludedtags="@version,@author"
                  force="true"
                  verbose="true">
                  <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/java"
includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
                  <remoteinterface/>
                  <homeinterface/>
                  <localinterface/>
                  <localhomeinterface/>
                </ejbdoclet>
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

I have a TestServiceBean.java declaring ejb.bean and one
ejb.interface-method.

Unfortunately, when invoking mvn package, no code is generated.

Any help is welcome, as for me, everything has been configured correctly.

Cheers,

J-F

Re: [m2] XDoclet does not work

Posted by Gwyn <gw...@gmail.com>.
Is ${basedir} valid - that looks more like an Ant property.  This is what I'm
using...

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>xdoclet</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>

<generatedSourcesDirectory>${project.build.directory}/xdoclet</generatedSourcesDirectory>
                            <tasks>
                                <ejbdoclet

destDir="${project.build.directory}/xdoclet"
                                        addedtags="@xdoclet-generated at
${NOW_UK},@author XDoclet"
                                        excludedtags="@version,@author"
                                        verbose="true"
                                        force="false"
                                        ejbSpec="2.1">
                                    <fileset
dir="${project.build.sourceDirectory}">
                                        <include
name="**/*Bean.java"></include>
                                        <include
name="**/*MDB.java"></include>
                                    </fileset>
                                    <remoteinterface />
                                    <localinterface />
                                    <homeinterface />
                                    <utilobject kind="physical"
cacheHomes="true" includeGUID="true" />
                                    <localhomeinterface />
                                    <dataobject/>
                                    <entitypk/>
                                    <deploymentdescriptor

destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"/>
                                    <!-- Xdoclet doesn't support weblogic 9
out of the box, so try with 8.1 descriptors. -->
                                    <weblogic

destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"
                                            datasource="jdbc/TxTopUpDB"
                                            version="8.1"
                                            validateXML="true"
                                            createtables="Disabled"