Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Xin Li <xl...@book.com> on 2010/10/01 16:50:31 UTC

any working SolrJ code example for Solr 1.4.1

Hi, there,

Just picked up SolrJ few days ago. I have my Solr Server set up, data
loaded, and everything worked fine with the web admin page. Then problem
came when I was trying to use SolrJ to interact with the Solr server. I
was stuck with "NoClassNotFoundException" yesterday. Being new to the
domain is a factor, but SolrJ could really use some more updated
documentation.

.. Long story short, does anyone have a minimal working SolrJ example
interacting with Solr 1.4.1? It would be nice to know the JARs too since
the errors I got were probably more related to JARs than the code
itself.

Thanks,
Xin

This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or
may be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
PROTECTED
BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein.  If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the
steps necessary to delete the message completely from your
computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the
Uniform Electronic Transaction Act or any other law of similar
effect, absent an express statement to the contrary, this e-mail
message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended
to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and
are not otherwise intended to bind this sender,
barnesandnoble.com
llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other person or entity.

Re: any working SolrJ code example for Solr 1.4.1

Posted by Allistair Crossley <al...@roxxor.co.uk>.
did you miss the page here http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj ? this tells you the jars required for your classpath as well as usage examples

Posted by Xin Li <xl...@book.com>.
Thanks, Jon.

I have just made my Perl version of solution working, will try your tips this weekend.

Xin

I also had a similar error when I picked up SolrJ.

See the first section of this wiki page for the extra jars (the ones not found in the dist directory):
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

-Jon

> [...]

PROTECTED
BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of
the
addressee(s) named herein.  If you are not an intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary
to delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the
Uniform Electronic Transaction Act or any other law of similar
effect, absent an express statement to the contrary, this e-mail
message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended
to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and
are not otherwise intended to bind this sender,
barnesandnoble.com
llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other person or entity.

SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING:
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law (e.g., personal health information, research data, financial information). Because this e-mail has been sent without encryption, individuals other than the intended recipient may be able to view the information, forward it to others or tamper with the information without the knowledge or consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received the communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting the message and any accompanying files from your system. If, due to the security risks, you do not wish to receive further communications via e-mail, please reply to this message and inform the sender that you do not wish to receive further e-mail from the sender.

Posted by Allistair Crossley <al...@roxxor.co.uk>.