Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2001/07/11 16:50:16 UTC

Where is the schema?

Hi,

you have seen this question before quite a few times,
and I guess I'm still doing kind of a stupid mistake,
but I still cannot figure out, how to parse an namespace xml against
a schema. I have both as files in the same directory and they
start like:

fdpd.xml:
=========

<!DOCTYPE f:fdpd [
<!ENTITY copy   "&#x00A9;">
]>
<f:fdpd version="1.0"
    xmlns:f="http://www.spieleck.de/fdpd"
    xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
    xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.spieleck.de/fdpd fdpd.xsd'

	<f:set>

and the corresponding scheme fdpd.xsd:
======================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema
    targetNamespace="http://www.spieleck.de/fdpd"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"

	<xsd:element name="fdpd">
		<xsd:complexType>

and whenever I try Xerces 1.4.1 to parse fdpd.xml in validating
mode I get the message

http://www.spieleck.de/fdpd grammar not found

followed by many SAXParseException about things not declared.

Help!

Thank you,
Frank

Re: Where is the schema?

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Nestel, Frank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you have seen this question before quite a few times,
> and I guess I'm still doing kind of a stupid mistake,
> but I still cannot figure out, how to parse an namespace xml against
> a schema.

> and whenever I try Xerces 1.4.1 to parse fdpd.xml in validating
> mode I get the message
>
> http://www.spieleck.de/fdpd grammar not found

Have you turned on both the validation and validation/schema
features?

Ian

--
Ian Roberts, Software Engineer        DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com