Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by sermagico <se...@tiscali.it> on 2008/06/04 17:32:35 UTC

problem in unwrapping key

Hi all,
I try to develop an application for xml encryption/decryption, but I have
some issue. I encrypt a file with a AES key, then I wrap this key with a
RSAprivateKey and I store it (wrapped AES) in the same xml file.
Unfortunately when I try to unwrap the AES key with the PublicKey associated
with the previous PrivateKey the below exception is raised up:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: unknown key type
passed to RSA
Original Exception was java.security.InvalidKeyException: unknown key type
passed to RSA

PublicKey and PrivateKey are stored on a smartcard.
This is my code:

        XMLCipher CKey= XMLCipher.getInstance();
        XMLCipher CMsg= XMLCipher.getInstance();
        CKey.init(XMLCipher.UNWRAP_MODE, this.pkey);
        CMsg.init(XMLCipher.DECRYPT_MODE, null);

        Element encryptedDataElement = (Element) document

.getElementsByTagNameNS(EncryptionConstants.EncryptionSpecNS,
                EncryptionConstants._TAG_ENCRYPTEDDATA).item(0);

        EncryptedData encryptedData =
xmlCipherMsg.loadEncryptedData(document,
                encryptedDataElement);
        EncryptedKey encryptedKey = encryptedData.getKeyInfo()
        .itemEncryptedKey(0);

        String algorithm =
encryptedKey.getEncryptionMethod().getAlgorithm();

        CipherValue Value = encryptedKey.getCipherData().getCipherValue();

//Exception here
        Key secretKey = xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,algorithm );

I hope you can help me.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Sergio.

Re: problem in unwrapping key

Posted by sermagico <se...@tiscali.it>.
Hi,
I try to change the algorithm name in "decryptkey" method, but I don't solve
the problem.
If I insert :
Key secretKey = xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,"AES");
I get the following exception:

at
org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.JCEMapper.getJCEKeyAlgorithmFromURI(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipher.decryptKey(Unknown
Source)

Instead if I insert one of the following I get the exception I've explained
last time:
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_128);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_128_KeyWrap);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_192);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_192_KeyWrap);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_256);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,XMLCipher.AES_256_KeyWrap);
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,"http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#aes128-cbc");
        final Key secretKey =
xmlCipherKey.decryptKey(encryptedKey,"http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-oaep-mgf1p");