Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Floßmann Christoph <Ch...@volke-muc.de> on 2004/06/24 12:41:44 UTC

RE: ***SPAM*** class not found Exception ..JSP portlet Action class

You already described your mistake very clearly. You put the .class file in the wrong path. Right now they should be in the WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\portlets path. You also can define your own paths in the
webapp/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
There are entries there like this:

module.packages=org.apache.jetspeed.modules
module.packages=org.apache.turbine.modules

And you can define your own.

Posted by Maruthi <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Christoph,
Thanks for your mail.I tried all the options before posting to the mailing list..i already tested by placing my .class file in the
WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\portlets path.But still the same problem i am getting.

Thank you,
Maruthi.

ossmann@volke-muc.de> wrote:
[...]

======================
..xreg file
======================

Registration JSP Example

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.JspPortlet

web services
finance.stocks
jsp

hello christoph ...class not found Exception ..

Posted by Maruthi <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Christoph,

Are there any other reasons for not finding Action Class.I tried all the ways by modifying  my local-portlets.xreg file and placing .class file in different places (i placed in WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\portlets too as you suggested).But its not working.What might be the reason.

Can you once again mention clearly...

1) where should i place my .java and .class files exactly (No custom package defined)

2) what should i mention in the classname and in the value of Parameter Name="Action".

     <classname>???????</classname>
        <parameter name="action" value="?????" hidden="true" cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>

May be this is a simple problem complex..but i am trying it since today morning....!.Pl reply.
Thank you,
Maruthi.