Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2008/02/07 22:54:29 UTC

jasperreports-maven-plugin chokes on xml

I'm converting an existing Ant build to Maven, and I've encountered a
sticking point with respect to my Jasper reports.

Though it's not the preferred method for doing headers and footers, our
reports use some "imported" xml to provide the report header and footer
definitions.  The xml is imported by way of ENTITY tags in the .jrxml
header.  When running one of these guys through the
jasperreports-maven-plugin, I get an error that doesn't really tell me
much.  Here is an example:

Error compiling report design :
/home/dhicks/workspace/com.enttek.concessions.backoffice/reports/src/main/jasperreports/transfer.jrxml
: headerParms.xml

Using the -e parameter does yield some stack trace indicating an error
in JasperReportsMojo.compile().  I'll include that trace at the end of
the message.  I hope someone has an idea.  Otherwise, I'm stuck with
either re-working all of my reports to use subreports for the headers
and footers or trying to run an Ant build from within my Maven build
(the more likely scenario since time is not on my side).

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Dave

Promised Stack Trace:

org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Error compiling report design :
/home/dhicks/workspace/com.enttek.concessions.backoffice/reports/src/main/jasperreports/transfer.jrxml
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:560)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Error compiling
report design :
/home/dhicks/workspace/com.enttek.concessions.backoffice/reports/src/main/jasperreports/transfer.jrxml
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.jasperreports.JasperReportsMojo.compile(JasperReportsMojo.java:236)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.jasperreports.JasperReportsMojo.execute(JasperReportsMojo.java:191)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more

Re: jasperreports-maven-plugin chokes on xml

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Thanks, Dan.  I've filed a report and attached a cut-down version of the
project and files.  I hope it's helpful.
Dave

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.