Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by FitMe Marketing <bi...@fitme.com> on 2002/06/24 07:05:21 UTC

SOAP app question

Hi:

We recently downloaded Tomcat 4.0.4 and SOAP 2.3 on a Win2K server. We
modified the catalina.bat file to reflect the fact that we needed a JAXP
compatible XML parser first in the classpath.

***
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar
set
CLASSPATH=path-to-xerces/%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\xerces.jar;%CLASSPATH%
****

We also created a classpath.bat file which we run before starting the Tomcat
server. It has the following content.

****
set CATALINA_HOME=c:\tomcat
echo %CATALINA_HOME%
set
classpath=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\xerces.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\lib\soap.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\mail.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\activation.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\naming-common.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\naming-resources.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\jndi.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\jta-spec1_0_1.jar
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\tyrex-0.9.7.0
set classpath=%classpath%;%CATALINA_HOME%\classes
****

When we try to run the SOAP sample application (GetQuote) we get the
following error:

samples/stockquote/GetQuote

I use a testit.cmd file to test the application. Its content is given below.
****
@echo off
echo This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
echo Deploying the stockquote service...
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml
echo .
echo Verify that it's there
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
echo .
echo Running the stockquote test
java samples.stockquote.GetQuote
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter IBM
echo .
echo Undeploy it now
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter undeploy
urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes
echo .
echo Verify that it's gone
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
***

Appreciate your help very much. Much time has been wasted trying to figure
out the problem. Thanks.

Ram Srinivasan
FitMe

Re: SOAP app question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
With Tomcat 4.x, you do not need to make any changes to the classpath or
startup scripts for Tomcat.  You merely deploy Apache SOAP as a Web
application.  See, for example,
http://www.scottnichol.com/apachesoapinstall.htm.

Scott Nichol

Re: SOAP app question