Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by freders <fe...@linuxspot.com.ar> on 2010/03/04 17:18:49 UTC

ActiveMQ doesn't close connections

Hello to everyone,

I'm using Apache 2, Tomcat 6 and ActiveMQ 5.2.0. I'm using request-reply
messages mode. ActiveMQ works well except that it doesn't close the
ESTABLISHED connections. So, after a couple of hours running, there are not
available file descriptors left to accept new connections due to ActiveMQ
doesn't close them.

After an object sends a message to other application, some resources are
released like in this piece of code:

            session.close();
            tmpQueue.delete();
            connection.close();
            responseConsumer.close();
            producer.close();

The info gathered by the command 'netstat -natp | grep ESTABLISHED | grep
:61617' (ssl connector) shows me the number of established connections,
which is huge after a couple of hours.

¿Have anyone had a problem like this? If so, ¿how was it solved?

Thanks in advance,

Re: ActiveMQ doesn't close connections

Posted by freders <fe...@linuxspot.com.ar>.
Hi Dejan,

Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> it seems like you're closing all that is there to close, but maybe missing
> to close it in some situations. There isn't much we can do, until we have
> reproducible "test case", so if you can just strip down your app only on
> messaging related part and that, it would be great.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try installing the web console to watch
ActiveMQ.
Do you think that the web console will be useful to find this problem?
Cheers,

Re: ActiveMQ doesn't close connections

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

it seems like you're closing all that is there to close, but maybe missing
to close it in some situations. There isn't much we can do, until we have a
reproducible "test case", so if you can just strip down your app only on
messaging related part and that, it would be great.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by freders <fe...@linuxspot.com.ar>.
Hi Dejan,