Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it> on 2002/09/10 16:27:58 UTC

james 2.1a1 installation problem

I just download the latest version of James and I try to use it with Linux.
I have encontered some problem about the files access permission, I try to
copnfigure 777 chmod for all files and directory but the problem still
exists.

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Cannot find or
init repository: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/var/james2/apps/james/var/mail/spool read)

Any suggestion?

Davide Frigerio

RE: james 2.1a1 installation problem

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I suspect that you need to export PHOENIX_SECURE=false.

	--- Noel