Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2004/04/19 10:50:40 UTC

Remove Ant Task from Scratchpad

I would like to propose that we remove the Ant task from the scratchpad.

This Ant task has been superceded by the new one that makes use of the
CocoonBean, sharing its configuration code.

I have not heard of anyone using this scratchpad task, and have not seen
it being maintained either.

Since there is now a perfectly good replacement, that is maintained, I
propose we remove the scratchpad version.

Of course, we keep the AntBuildGenerator, which has a value separate
from the Ant task.

Comments?

Upayavira

Re: Remove Ant Task from Scratchpad

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le 19 avr. 04, à 10:50, Upayavira a écrit :

> I would like to propose that we remove the Ant task from the
> scratchpad.
>
> This Ant task has been superceded by the new one that makes use of the
> CocoonBean, sharing its configuration code.

+1

-Bertrand

Re: Remove Ant Task from Scratchpad

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 19.04.2004 10:50, Upayavira wrote:

> I would like to propose that we remove the Ant task from the scratchpad.
>
> This Ant task has been superceded by the new one that makes use of the
> CocoonBean, sharing its configuration code.
>
> I have not heard of anyone using this scratchpad task, and have not seen
> it being maintained either.
>
> Since there is now a perfectly good replacement, that is maintained, I
> propose we remove the scratchpad version.
>
> Of course, we keep the AntBuildGenerator, which has a value separate
> from the Ant task.
>
> Comments?

+1

Joerg

Re: Remove Ant Task from Scratchpad

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Upayavira dijo:
> I would like to propose that we remove the Ant task from the scratchpad.
>
> This Ant task has been superceded by the new one that makes use of the
> CocoonBean, sharing its configuration code.
>
> I have not heard of anyone using this scratchpad task, and have not seen
> it being maintained either.
>
> Since there is now a perfectly good replacement, that is maintained, I
> propose we remove the scratchpad version.
>
> Of course, we keep the AntBuildGenerator, which has a value separate
> from the Ant task.
>
> Comments?

+1

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Remove Ant Task from Scratchpad

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On 19 Apr 2004, at 09:50, Upayavira wrote:

> I would like to propose that we remove the Ant task from the
> scratchpad.

+1

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/