Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/07 16:36:05 UTC

Things To Do Before You Turn 30^W^WRelease 3.0

Hello!

Do we have an official subj list? Such as Wiki page or JIRA label?

Cause if we don't, we'll surely forget a lot of things and will have to
wait for 4.0.
We already did that with IGNITE_BINARY_SORT_OBJECT_FIELDS in 2.0 :(

I expect to have in this list breaking changes, and @Deprecated stuff to be
finally removed, and maybe unmaintained modules to be put to rest.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Things To Do Before You Turn 30^W^WRelease 3.0

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
We can start with separate discussion on dev list. Or can you point to
existing one? I think I need some details here.

--Yakov

Re: Things To Do Before You Turn 30^W^WRelease 3.0

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello! Thanks for swift response!

What about changes that would benefit from discussion?

For example, I think we should consider having usePairedConnections=true by
default in 3.0 (or, increase socketWriteTimeout). Should I create an IEP
about it, or fill a JIRA ticket and see what happens?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Ilya,