Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by randeelwrw <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/09 06:05:46 UTC

about tomcat

hi everyone,

can i use two tomcat webservers to exchange information between them?
how can i do that?

thank you,
rana.

Re: about tomcat

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Tomcat can act as a client to another tomcat.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for a library supporting this.

--David

Re: about tomcat

Re: about tomcat

Posted by randeelwrw <ra...@yahoo.com>.
thank you for the reply.

Stephen.Morris wrote:

> Yes, it is possible to run two servers as a cluster and exchange
> information between them. I have seen an article on the internet recently
> on doing exactly this. The easiest way of finding out how to do this is to
> use Googles advanced search and to type 'tomcat clustering' into the exact
> phrase textbox, which should return about 19,700 hits. It is then a matter
> of just selecting the article that is most relevant to what you are trying
> to do.
>
> regards,
> Steve Morris
> IT Security Access Management
> Technology Risk and Security
> Technology Australia
> National Australia Bank
> Phone: +61-3-8634 1755 (x31755)
> Mobile: +0438 537 569
> email: Stephen.Morris@nab.com.au
>

>              randeelwrw
>              <randeelwrw@yahoo
>              .com>                                                      To
>                                        users@tomcat.apache.org
>              09/07/2007 14:05                                           cc
>
>                                                                    Subject
>              Please respond to         about tomcat
>                "Tomcat Users
>                    List"
>              <users@tomcat.apa
>                  che.org>
>

> hi everyone,
>
> can i use two tomcat webservers to exchange information between them?
> how can i do that?
>
> thank you,
> rana.
>

> National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
> This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please immediately notify us at postmaster@nab.com.au
> or by replying to the sender, and then destroy all copies of this email.
> Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in this email
> are those of the sender and not of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in
> this email does not take account of your objectives, financial situation,
> or needs. It is important for you to consider these matters and, if the
> e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read the relevant Product
> Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any
> decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward
> this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to
> Unsubscriptions@nab.com.au in order to stop marketing emails from this
> sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not represent that this email is
> free of errors, viruses or interference.

Re: about tomcat

Posted by St...@nab.com.au.

I would have thought this wouldn't be a problem as long as the db queries
returned a concise list of records for transfer. If the queries returned
large volumes of transactions your "network" could very quickly become
clogged and unusable.

regards,
Steve Morris
IT Security Access Management
Technology Risk and Security
Technology Australia
National Australia Bank
Phone: +61-3-8634 1755 (x31755)
Mobile: +0438 537 569
email: Stephen.Morris@nab.com.au

             randeelwrw
             <randeelwrw@yahoo
                                       users@tomcat.apache.org
             09/07/2007 14:51                                           cc