Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jstanley1730 <js...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/27 10:48:56 UTC

ActiveMQ Consumer dies after about an hour

I have multiple consumers connecting to a queue and they receive messages
fine by implementing the MessageListener interface.  I am tracking consumers
via the built in ActiveMQ admin page.  After about an hour the Consumers
disappear from the admin page, however there is no exception thrown in the
consumer themselves.  I am listening for JMSExceptions on the connection via
the ExceptionListener and nothing is thrown.

I am using the following broker URL for failover, which works great if I
start/stop the broker for reconnecting.

"failover:(tcp://localhost:61616)"

I read about the inactivity timeout and have also tried the following but
Consumers are still silently closing and they all close at the same time.

"failover:(tcp://localhost:61616?keepAlive=true)"

Is there any other configuration I can set for the connection?  Any help
would be appreciated, thx.