Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.com.au> on 2010/12/07 21:21:09 UTC

new project using APR: dynalogin two-factor authentication

Some time ago, I wrapped some of the code from the HOTP toolkit into a
modular client/server solution, which I've decided to release here:

http://www.dynalogin.org/

APR was chosen as part of the project; mainly because I had some
experience with it from the Ganglia project, and it solves a number of
problems for a C programmer.

I believe the licensing is compatible with dynalogin (GPL v3) - if
anyone has any feedback or concerns, it is most welcome.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to APR and provided useful
building blocks for this project.

Regards,

Daniel

Re: new project using APR: dynalogin two-factor authentication

Posted by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.com.au>.

William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 12/7/2010 2:21 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> Some time ago, I wrapped some of the code from the HOTP toolkit into a
>> modular client/server solution, which I've decided to release here:
>>
>> http://www.dynalogin.org/
>>
>> APR was chosen as part of the project; mainly because I had some experience with it from
>> the Ganglia project, and it solves a number of problems for a C programmer.
>>
>> I believe the licensing is compatible with dynalogin (GPL v3) - if anyone has any feedback
>> or concerns, it is most welcome.
>>
>> Thanks to all those who have contributed to APR and provided useful building blocks for
>> this project.
>>

> On behalf of the devs, you are most welcome, we are glad to hear about new adoption!
>
> The best way to return the favor by any of the APR consumers would be to review the
> trunk, APR (-util has been merged in), and provide feedback of what API's need to be
> binary compatibility broken when we evolve to 2.0.
>
> If there is anything that really aught to be changed, now is the time to voice those
> sorts of concerns, so that the project can release 2.0 in the near-to-mid future :)

I'll put that on the roadmap for the testing program

There are some other dependencies going through similar change (e.g. the
new OATH-toolkit) and I'm planning to put them through their paces at
the same time, with a set of test cases that haven't eventuated yet.

Re: new project using APR: dynalogin two-factor authentication

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.