Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/09/22 19:36:17 UTC

solr-dev@lucene.apache.org

Should we close down that list now?  Seems there is still the occasional email that goes there, but they are rarely answered.  Would it be better if we shut it down and bounced messages there so that people came here instead?

-Grant

Re: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Sep 22, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Subject: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
> :
> : Should we close down that list now?  Seems there is still the occasional
> : email that goes there, but they are rarely answered.  Would it be better
> : if we shut it down and bounced messages there so that people came here
> : instead?
>
> I don't udnerstand the question ... the list has already been retired and
> the subscribers were migrated to dev@lucene ... any mail sent to
> solr-dev@lucene gets forwarded to dev@lucene (check the List-* headers of
> any mail you see sent to solr-dev)

Hmm, maybe an artifact of my mail filtering device then.  I guess the "TO" field for these messages is still solr-dev so my old rule is still running.  I will update my rule.  Sorry for the noise.

Re: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
:
: Should we close down that list now?  Seems there is still the occasional
: email that goes there, but they are rarely answered.  Would it be better
: if we shut it down and bounced messages there so that people came here
: instead?

I don't udnerstand the question ... the list has already been retired and
the subscribers were migrated to dev@lucene ... any mail sent to
solr-dev@lucene gets forwarded to dev@lucene (check the List-* headers of
any mail you see sent to solr-dev)

-Hoss