Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/01 02:15:37 UTC

Re: Reopened CONNECTORS-148; should we spin an RC9?

Just my opinion:

1. release the artifacts that are voted on... its 0.1 and a lot of
people will likely be still in evaluation stage (likely with derby?).
Obviously there are bugs, even ones that aren't known, but I think its
just fine to release with known bugs... better at this stage to get
the release out there and possibly draw in more people (who might find
more bugs).
2. start working on the next release. besides this bug, for example
there is the related issue open for improved postgresql testing, etc:
personally I think this is great, maybe expanding on that idea could
uncover even more bugs. the known bugs are documented in jira anyway,
but workarounds or whatever could be put in the wiki in the meantime
too. I don't think the next release needs to be rushed out to fix the
bug quickly, either. Its not the end of the world at this point if
people hit the bug and are drawn into mailing lists/svn/jira/whatever

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Artifacts have been copied to the download area, and I'm updating the
site mirror now.
Karl

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, that's effectively 3 +1's, which is pretty good in this business.
If I don't hear any objection, I'll copy the artifact to the download
area tomorrow morning.

Karl

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

--