Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Justin Fagnani-Bell <ju...@paraliansoftware.com> on 2002/07/31 02:40:11 UTC

Can a Generator set a sitemap param?

Hi List,

Is it possible for a Generator to set sitemap parameters? I have a
Generator that's pulling content from a database and applying a theme,
the settings for the themes are also stored in the database. The themes
are .xsl files and I'd like to be able to set a parameter with the name
of the file.

It seems like I could alter the Parameters object passed to setup(). But
I'm guessing that either this wouldn't work or would be seriously
frowned upon...

The reason I don't really want to write an action is that I don't see
that it really performs an action. The generator based on it's queries
knows which stylesheet to select, I don't really want to perform the
query twice.

If writing an action is really the proper way to do it, I can be talked
into it...

Thanks,
   Justin

RE: Can a Generator set a sitemap param?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Justin Fagnani-Bell [mailto:justin@paraliansoftware.com]
>
> Hi List,
>
> Is it possible for a Generator to set sitemap parameters?

No.

> I have a
> Generator that's pulling content from a database and applying a theme,
> the settings for the themes are also stored in the database. The
themes
> are .xsl files and I'd like to be able to set a parameter with the
name
> of the file.
>
> It seems like I could alter the Parameters object passed to setup().
But
> I'm guessing that either this wouldn't work or would be seriously
> frowned upon...

Will have no effect.

> The reason I don't really want to write an action is that I don't see
> that it really performs an action. The generator based on it's queries
> knows which stylesheet to select, I don't really want to perform the
> query twice.

PS You can do it once, in action.

Vadim