Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2019/03/04 08:13:24 UTC

Confluence Access Rights

Hi all,

I wanted to start with a design page for the Calcite integration on the confluence.
Parallel to the technical things we should have a discussion how we map the iotdb notions and elements to standard sql (e.g. what is a table? A device? A node in the tree? …).
So I wanted to create a confluence page for the design documentation on [1].

But it seems that I’m missing the permissions.
Can anyone here give them?
@Chris, @Justin: can you?

Otherwise I will ask Infra to do so.

Thanks
Julian

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Project+Design

Re: Confluence Access Rights

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Xiangdong,

thanks for the hint.
We should definetly try to keep it similar, yes.
I already pushed a minimal working example based on a tsfile [1].

And I would be happy to cooperate with Tianan and Wangminhao (we already had some mail exchanges).

Julian

[1] https://github.com/JulianFeinauer/incubator-iotdb/tree/calcite-integration

Am 04.03.19, 11:14 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi Julian,

    Great to hear that you are working on Calcite integration.

    I think, we can consider how the SparkSQL-IoTDB adapter is designed, which
    is mainly developed by Jialin Qiao and Lei Rui.

    In summary, a Storage Group is a table, and there are two types of column
    mappings:

    1.  the columns are: (timestamp, device_id, measurement1, measurement2...)

    2. the columns are: (timestamp, device_1_measurement_1,
    device_1_measurement_2, ..., device_2_measurement_1,
    device_2_measurement_2, ...)

    Tianan Li and Wangminhao Gou are also learning Calcite, maybe they can work
    with you.

    Best,
    -----------------------------------
    Xiangdong Huang