Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org> on 2020/10/04 11:02:26 UTC

Re: JIRA now set up

(1) Turns out, the only way we can keep the existing issue keys, is to
re-create the Hop JIRA and then run the import. Otherwise all keys will
be off-by-one because HOP-1 has already been created. Even deleting the
issue won't solve that problem.

(2) Another possibility is to just run the import and adjust the Git
history to make up for the offset.

I've went ahead with option (2) because option (1) can still be applied
afterwards. The issues are marked with the "pre-apache" version. Let me
know if you want to update the import as it might have become stale in
the meantime (that's easily possible now because we can keep JIRA ids
which are unique identifiers; not possible for JIRA keys though).

The "Resolution" field couldn't be imported which is really a bummer.
I'll try to find a way to update the resolution status of the issues.

Current status: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HOP/issues/

-Max

Re: JIRA now set up

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hey Max,

(1) --rebase-merges does the trick but you can't edit the merge commit
messages in the git-rebase-todo file, this means if we want to rewrite the
full history I would have to manually replay each merge and change the
messages by hand.
We also had some nasty merge conflicts in the beginning of our repository
(not working via PR), this would mean I have to fix these merges again.
Unless someone objects, I would like to keep the history as-is.

(2) Thanks!

hans

Re: JIRA now set up

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.