Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2005/03/22 00:49:23 UTC

Rendering components dynamically

Hi,
Is it possible to decide which component gets rendered at runtime?  I have looked at block/renderblock and the example shows all the components being hard-coded in a single page.  What I want is something similar to an Interface Component and then be able to "plop" in any component I want at run-time.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Mark

Re: Rendering components dynamically

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,

try DynamicBlock:

http://www.mjhenderson.com/tapestry/components/dynamic/DynamicBlock.html

If you are using the Tapestry Palette plugin in Eclipse you can
download the library by drag and drop by entering the URL:

	http://www.mjhenderson.com/tapestry/components/supplier-
mjhenderson.com.xml

into the plugin's Remote Libraries preference page.

The flash movie tour at:

	http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/palette-movie/

Demonstrates this feature (at the end of the movie tour).

Mike