Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wei <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/11 22:03:19 UTC

Function Query with multi-value field

Hi,

I have a question regarding function query that operates on multi-value
fields.  For the following field:

<field name=rgbcolor type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multivalued="true"/>

 Each value is a hex string representation of RGB value.  for example there
are 3 values indexed

#FF00FF    - C1
#EE82EE   - C2
#DA70D6   - C3

How would I write a function query that operates on all values of the
field?  Given color S in query, how to calculate the similarities between S
and C1/C2/C3 and find which one is the closest?
I checked https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/function-queries.html but
didn't see an example.

Thanks,
Wei

Re: Function Query with multi-value field

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Wei,
I see two options:
1. create custom distance function for colors
2. split each color component to a separate numeric fields and try calculate distance function using standard set of functions. (I think that Solr does not support 3d points).

HTH,
Emir

Posted by Wei <we...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestion?