Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2012/07/05 18:28:22 UTC

july status report

This is what I posted for the July status report:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2012 Please let me know if you would
like any changes/additions.

Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running pipelines of
MapReduce jobs on Apache Hadoop.

Crunch entered incubation on May 27, 2012.

Three most important steps towards graduation:

* Infrastructure setup (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
* CCLA licensing of the existing Crunch code
* Adding new contributors

Nothing that currently requires IPMC attention.

Community

The developer mailing list has been very active with bug fixes, new
features, and discussions of infrastructure setup and project policies,
both from the existing committers and other developers with an interest in
the project. The first patch from a non-committer is currently being
prepared for submission: the code is written, but we were blocking on
getting JIRA setup so that the copyright on the code could cleanly be
assigned to the ASF. The JIRA issues were resolved earlier this week.

All ICLAs are in place. Cloudera has gathered all of the copyright
assignments for the existing Crunch code from non-Cloudera developers and
is preparing the CCLA to assign the copyrights on the existing Crunch code
to the ASF.

Development

The 15 commits on the project this month were primarily for documentation
and bug fixes, although we are evaluating two larger patches that bring
additional functionality to the library: 1) adding map-side joins and 2)
supporting interactive pipeline creation and execution via the Scala REPL.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: july status report

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Done- thanks Tom. And thanks Pat for signing off on it.

Re: july status report

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.