Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marilen Corciovei <ma...@nemesisit.ro> on 2004/08/06 00:16:40 UTC

A tree component

Hello,

I have developed a light tree component for a project and I whould like
to contribute it back if someone needs something similar. It's features
are:

- very simple to use
- does not need reload of the page to expand/collapse the branches
(dhtml)
- does not require frames (it is more in the spirit of Tapestry I think)
- the state can be saved using cookies
- clicking a node results in a call to the page that contains the tree
with a parameter (external link). The parameter given can be any
serializable object. (@see the Node interface)

It is not so complicated (more complicated on the js side) and I tested
it with Firefox (Mozilla family) and IE 6. It receives the root nodes as
a parameter and iterates a representation of the tree to render it's
nodes.

You can found a war application with a hsqldb database at:
http://nemesisit.rdsnet.ro/opendocs/timesand/timesand-nojars.war and the
sources at:
http://nemesisit.rdsnet.ro/opendocs/timesand/timesand-src.jar

Hope it helps,
Len

Marilen Aretius Corciovei
Independent J2EE, Linux consultant
http://nemesisit.rdsnet.ro/len
http://www.nemesisit.ro

PS.1  If you will look at the DivStart, DivEnd components you will find
a way to render tags that do not close themselvs (usualy not so simple
with Tapestry). I.E generate something like:
PS.2 If you want not to reload the tree nodes each time then you can
easy store them in the Visit or Global objects.

Re: A tree component

Posted by Enrico Donelli <en...@logicom.it>.
Marilen Corciovei wrote:

>Hope it helps,

sure it helps :))
I like it very much, thanks for sharing!

Bye
Enrico

Re: A tree component

Posted by "Kevin J. Menard, Jr." <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
Hi Len,

I've been trying to get your tree component to work, but the nojars war
file doesn't seem to want to deploy in Tomcat.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin