Posted to user@flume.apache.org by 荆棘鸟 <li...@qq.com> on 2012/08/02 06:35:39 UTC

About custom source

hello people:
   I am doing the custom source.But I was found a problem about Flume Developer Guide.At the Guide has a explain that is
 "public class BarSource extends AbstractSource implements Configurable, EventDrivenSource{   @Override   public void configure(Context context) {     some_Param = context.get("some_param", String.class);     // process some_param …   }   @Override   public void start() {     // initialize the connection to bar client ..   }   @Override   public void stop () {     // cleanup and disconnect from bar client ..   }   @Override   public Status process() throws EventDeliveryException {     try {       // receive new data       Event e = get_some_data();       // store the event to underlying channels(s)       getChannelProcessor().processEvent(e)     } catch (ChannelException ex) {       return Status.BACKOFF;     }     return Status.READY;   } }About the process() method in this configuration is a inheriting method.But I didn't fount its father class.I want to know whether living the father class .

Re: About custom source

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1422 related to this.

- Patrick