Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/06/06 06:23:19 UTC

ANNOUNCE: HTML::Embperl 1.3.3

The URL

    ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/HTML-Embperl-1.3.3.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/G/GR/GRICHTER/HTML-Embperl-1.3.3.tar.gz
  size: 345235 bytes
   md5: f2a4579210f7797e1ff4d756f3b7e037

 Embperl 1.3.2 is current stable version and this release contains mainly
bugfixes and a few enhancements.  Development of new features is going on in
Embperl 2.0 for which I expect to release 2.0b3 in a few days.

 Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.
It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML documents
and the ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in
an object-oriented style. You can also take advantage of all the
usual Perl modules, (including DBI for database access) use their
functionality and easily include their output in your web pages.

Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
HTML, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, and more.

See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or
http://www.ecos.de/embperl/ (german) for more information.

Enjoy

Gerald

Changes since 1.3.2:

   - fixes problem with cleanup and Perl 5.6.0+ which broke
     session management. Spotted by Lukas Zapletal and Andy Lim.
   - Improved Makefile.PL to catche more setup situation on
     Win 32.
   - Make $r -> Error settable to be able to reset Embperl's
     internal error flag.
   - workaround for $r -> chdir_file not working correctly inside
     of Apache::Registry with ActiveState Perl, which caused
     make test to fail.
   - fixed SIGSEGVs that could occur on rare situations when
     multiple file not found errors are reported.
   - fixed problem with wrong setup of Content-Length header
     when running in CGI mode, with escmode = 0. Spotted by
     Edwin Ramirez.
   - fixed problem with nested dynamic tables and Execute.
   - added correct errror message for rcNotCompiledForModPerl.
     Spotted by Scott Chapman.

Re: ANNOUNCE: HTML::Embperl 1.3.3

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I have a problem compiling this.  It seems to be looking for a loadable
module
> for mod_perl (libperl.so).  However, I have compiled mod_perl statically
into
> apache, I also load other modules dynamically.

Could you send me the output of Makefile:PL ? So I see which questions it
asks.

Gerald