Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 19:26:33 UTC

what's the procedure for committing to 4.3?

What's the procedure for making changes to 4.3?  Obviously commit to master
and then cherry-pick but at this point is there any other control around
it?  If I need to commit something in 4.3 do I just do it myself?

Darren

Re: what's the procedure for committing to 4.3?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
As far as I know, we are NOT yet at the point where the Release Manager
does the cherry picking for us (upon our request).

Thanks

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*™*

Re: what's the procedure for committing to 4.3?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hey Darren,

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Darren 4.3 is open for bug fixes for everyone. No new features are allowed though.

We have a code freeze on 12/06 which means that we will only allow blockers and critical fixes after that.

 Once we cut our first RC in beginning of January I will create a staging branch 4.3-forward and cherry-pick important fixes into 4.3 branch

Animesh