Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> on 2013/04/22 21:45:50 UTC

Re: Problem creating primary storage

I just ran into this after pulling master.

I have everything compiling and I can deploy the db and then startup CS
using jetty.  I reverted my Xen server host back to my 'clean' snapshot and
try to do deploy server (using devcloud) and I get this...

Will

---

WARN  [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl] (618638248@qtp-1771350202-4:)
Unable to setup the local storage pool for Host[-1-Routing]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createLocalStorage(StorageManagerImpl.java:715)
at
at
at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:319)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
at
com.cloud.utils.db.TransactionContextBuilder.AroundAnyMethod(TransactionContextBuilder.java:41)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor36.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)
at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)
at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at
org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:90)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy127.createLocalStorage(Unknown Source)
at
com.cloud.storage.LocalStoragePoolListener.processConnect(LocalStoragePoolListener.java:86)
at
com.cloud.agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl.notifyMonitorsOfConnection(AgentManagerImpl.java:611)
at
com.cloud.agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl.handleDirectConnectAgent(AgentManagerImpl.java:1504)
at
at
at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:319)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
at
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
at
com.cloud.utils.db.TransactionContextBuilder.AroundAnyMethod(TransactionContextBuilder.java:47)
[...]
at $Proxy124.handleDirectConnectAgent(Unknown Source)
at
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.createHostAndAgentDeferred(ResourceManagerImpl.java:2074)
at
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHostsFull(ResourceManagerImpl.java:862)
at
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHosts(ResourceManagerImpl.java:629)
[...]
at $Proxy134.discoverHosts(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.host.AddHostCmd.execute(AddHostCmd.java:143)
at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:165)
at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689)
[...]
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:622)
at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.queueCommand(ApiServer.java:500)
at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.handleRequest(ApiServer.java:349)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor99.invoke(Unknown Source)
[...]
at $Proxy400.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.processRequest(ApiServlet.java:302)
at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.doGet(ApiServlet.java:66)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks, I was running into the same problem.

Will

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Will,

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
[...]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)