Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ivan Aguirre <iv...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/31 15:20:21 UTC

Non Blocking Calls ???

Hello !!!

Is it possible to have a non blocking call to an WS when using Axis  ??

I mean, when I do a call a client must wait for a server response.

I would like just to send a package to server but I don't want to wait
for a response......

Thankx all.....

******************
Ivan de Aguirre
Java Developer
Brazil
*******************

RE: Non Blocking Calls ???

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.
Fire off a new thread with the axis call:

new Thread() {
    public void run() {
        // do axis call here
    }
}.start();

whatever code you put the run method will be executed in the background.

Daniel.