Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/05 22:17:42 UTC

[wicket8] Use which servlet api? 3.0 or 3.1

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> Now even with Martijn's commit (remove Servlet 3.1 methods) the build still
> fails because Jetty 9.3 (and even 9.2.x) requires 3.1.0.
>
> Any preferences what to do?
> a) use Jetty 8.x
> b) use Servlet 3.1.0
>
> I personally am for b). By the time we reach to 8.0.0 this should be fine
> for most apps out there :-)

We gain support for jetty 9, but drop support for any JavaEE 6 deployable.

Servlet 3.1 is JavaEE 7.

Apps that require servlet 3.0 and JavaEE 6 will still have Wicket 6.x
and 7.x to build against for the foreseeable future, so I don't think
it would be very hard to drop servlet 3.0 and Java EE 6.

My guess is most supported contracts for Java EE 6 containers don't
have a provision for Java 8, so they can't upgrade anyhow.

Before I cast my vote, I'd like to wait for more opinions...

Martijn

Re: [wicket8] Use which servlet api? 3.0 or 3.1

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Great! Master is building and all links are working (wicket-site)

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by andrea del bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Agree. +1 for option b.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 3.1

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [wicket8] Use which servlet api? 3.0 or 3.1

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
+1 b)

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 3.1