Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Hernik <ro...@morpheus.co.uk> on 2004/10/19 17:04:05 UTC

multiproject recursive nesting problem

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting the maven multiproject:site generation
to behave how I would like, and I would appreciate any help.

My project layout:

BuildDir

  +-buildRoot / project.properties

  +-projectA

  +-projectB

My project layout has a buildRoot that is a dummy project containing
project.properties
(plus a maven.xml and project.xml). builRoot has no source but is the
'parent' dir for
the multiproject site generation even though it is at the same level in
the dir structure. I am using this flat structure as the projects are
coming from WSAD (Eclipse).

project.properties contains the following entries for multiproject
properties:

maven.multiproject.basedir=../
maven.multiproject.excludes=buildroot/project.xml
maven.multiproject.includes=projectA/project.xml,projectB/project.xml

When I run maven multiproject:site in the buildRoot dir I get the
following generated in
my html directory:

Docs

  +-multiproject

     +-projectA

     +-projectB

This is precisely what I want, and the generated project site appears OK
in this case. However, when I drill down into projectA and projectB the
following has happened:

Docs

  +-multiproject

     +-projectA
     |   |
     |   +-multiproject
     |      |
     |      +-projectA

     +-projectB

         +-multiproject

            +-projectA
            |  |
            |  +-multiproject
            |     |
            |     +-projectA

            +-projectB

It appears there is some kind of recursion taking place in my
multiproject generation.
Has anybody got an idea how I can stop this happening/what is wrong in
my properties?
When I add a few more projects the whole site generation falls over when
the nested paths
become too long!

Thanks for any help,

Rob.

This email and any files transmitted with it contain information that may be
confidential or privileged, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me by
return email immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author,
not of Morpheus Limited.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.