Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by draftdog -home- <dr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/31 10:40:01 UTC

[i18n] howto create a new module in commons-sandbox ?

hi all,

I was trying to find out what to do in order to be able to contribute to the
Commons project, I understand the first step is to check in the code into
the Commons-Sandbox, however, on the site they asked me to post a question
here for more help about this... so here I am :)

So...what needs to be done exactly ?

It seems that for i18n there is no module yet, since this is a recurring
item in all of my projects I thought it was a good to propose it here.

Can somebody help me with this ?

thanx in advance
Wouter

draftdog@users.sourceforge.net

Re: [i18n] howto create a new module in commons-sandbox ?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Welcome to commons.

I would expect there to be a discussion on this mailing list before a new
project gets started. (I'm not sure why i18n exists in the sandbox at the
moment.)

If you already have some code that you think might be suitable, either
attach it (if its small) or provide a hyperlink to your own website to
download it.

If you don't have any code yet, what do you envisage? (Often writing the
basic code is better than describing it!)

Either way, a good bit of open-source discussion will always help.

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [i18n] howto create a new module in commons-sandbox ?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"draftdog -home-" <dr...@hotmail.com> writes:

> hi all,
>
> I was trying to find out what to do in order to be able to contribute
> to the Commons project, I understand the first step is to check in the
> code into the Commons-Sandbox, however, on the site they asked me to
> post a question here for more help about this... so here I am :)
>

> So...what needs to be done exactly ?
>
> It seems that for i18n there is no module yet, since this is a
> recurring item in all of my projects I thought it was a good to
> propose it here.
>

> Can somebody help me with this ?

There is already a module in Commons Sandbox which can be used for
I18N -- see [resources].
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>