Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2005/02/19 00:35:50 UTC

[jelly] http-taglib's connection re-use

Hi,

I seem to encounter permanent connection problems with the current http
tag library when using it in a loop.

First, if I don't invoke connection.recycle() afterwards... it simply
thows that it needs to be recycled. Even using releaseConnection()
doesn't help.

Second, if I do invoke it, further calls actually are not invoked...

My only resort was to modify PostTag so that it nullifies the
connection after having run.

I have to say, I'd rather not do it but the javadoc of httpclient
speaks very little about re-using (recycle is deprecated,
releaseConnection() doesn't do the work....).

Can someone knowledgeable in httpclient help here ?
I think such a bug was introduced by the fact that we now always cache
tags, hence we always cache post-connection objects...
Upgrading to http-client 2.0.2 seems not to make a difference.

thanks for any hints.

paul