Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jeremiah Christensen <je...@paceap.com> on 2010/12/21 20:33:34 UTC

Shipment Custom Method

Hello OfBiz User List,

In the 'SHIPPING' tab for a store, you are presented with a list of shipping options. Two of the fields are 'SHIPMENT SERVICE NAME (DEPRECATED USE)' and 'SHIPMENT CUSTOM METHOD'.

Interestingly, I find that setting the 'deprecated' field results in the method being called; whereas, setting Shipment Custom Method does not.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jeremiah Christensen
Web Services Engineer
PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc.

Re: Shipment Custom Method

Posted by biletnikov <bi...@gmail.com>.
OFBiz 10.04 has the Shipment Custom Method (shipmentCustomMethodId) in
*ProductStoreShipmentMeth  *entity, but it is not used in the code at all,
in comparison to 11.04.

-----
Kind regards,
Sergei

Re: Shipment Custom Method

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipSetup?productStoreId=9000&productStoreShipMethId=9005

you  will notice that Shipment Service Name (deprecated use)
=uspsRateInquire
but
Shipment Custom Method has nothing selected.

however
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipSetup?productStoreId=9000&productStoreShipMethId=9002
neither is fill in or selected.

you can select UPS rate estimate for this in Shipment Custom Method

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Jeremiah Christensen sent the following on 12/21/2010 11:33 AM:

Re: Shipment Custom Method

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
can you go to the demo-trunk and give a link?