Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jasonw_nz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 06:51:40 UTC

Re: OAuth2 username-password flow with Apache CXF

Sergy, how does the oAuthClienetUtils help with the implicit flow? There
would be no grant in exchange for token, is there?

More importantly, how to get AccessTokenService to work with
ImplicitGrantService, I noticed that there is no grantHandler for implicit
flow.

Can you please point to the right direction?

Thanks,
jason

Re: OAuth2 username-password flow with Apache CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 18/11/13 05:51, jasonw_nz wrote:
> Sergy, how does the oAuthClienetUtils help with the implicit flow? There
> would be no grant in exchange for token, is there?
>
> More importantly, how to get AccessTokenService to work with
> ImplicitGrantService, I noticed that there is no grantHandler for implicit
> flow.

Yes, because the service itself is a grant handler, it works nearly the
same as AuthorizationCodeService but will delegate directly to
OAuthDataProvider to create the access token as opposed to
AuthorizationCodeService which has to temporarily persist the user
approval's code, redirect the user back and then exchange the code for a
token.

I'd expect no Java code being used by the implicit code clients, but you
can use the client utils too if needed, make sure you provide a basic
AccessTokenHandler which would return a 'token' as a response code. I
can get such a basic handler into the code, in case people would want to
use Java Applets as implicit flow clients

Cheers, Sergey

> Can you please point to the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> jason

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders