Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abid Hussain <ab...@abid76.de> on 2006/05/18 11:32:49 UTC

tomcat doesn't deliver page on first call

Hi everybody,

After restarting Tomcat (5.0.28), it doesn't deliver the requested
jsp-page on the first calls.

I have to hit about 5-8 times the reload-button until tomcat delivers
the requested page (e.g. index.jsp).
Also this problem sometimes turns up when calling servlets for the first
time after restart, even when tomcat is running already for about 10
minutes.

Is this a normal behavior? Is there anything to do in the configuration
files (server.xml, etc.) about this?

Maybe this Problem is because the machine where tomcat is running on (1
GHZ CPU, 512MB RAM) is not powerful enough?

Has anyone an idea about this?

Best Regards,

Abid

--

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de

Re: tomcat doesn't deliver page on first call

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
And if it takes long enough the browser will give up and time out. Thus
giving the appearance of Tomcat not serving on the first request.

Doug

Posted by Hugh Morgan <hu...@gmail.com>.